As the marketplace grows and competition increases, it becomes more and more important that office equipment works properly. When it comes to printers, companies rely heavily on them to keep their businesses running smoothly. Today’s document-driven workplace generates millions of pages of printed material daily, and this means printer equipment must be maintained and repaired when needed.
Whether you are an IT professional, computer repair technician, or looking for a new career, becoming skilled at printer repair and maintenance may provide new opportunities for you.
As an IT professional, you will make yourself more valuable to your employer by having basic laser printer repair and maintenance skills. As an independent network or computer technician, you can add a new profitable revenue stream to your existing business.
Additionally, if you operate a toner recharge or copier service, you can easily add another revenue stream that is in line with your current business. Lastly, if you are an end-user and do not want to pay for a service technician, we can show you how to maintain and service your own printer.
Businesses will continue to generate piles of documents for the foreseeable future; literally creating the necessity for the repair and maintenance of their printing equipment. Individuals who are skilled in printer repair and maintenance can provide a service that is both needed and wanted by virtually every business.
I just wanted to say I really appreciate the high quality of follow-up support you offer with your product. It is a new experience with me having someone stand behind their product and actually care about what the customer needs. It is like a breadth of fresh air in this business of take…take…take. Thanks to your DVD and service manuals. I was able to get two stubborn printers back into service.
T.D – New Hampshire
Our training is presented in an easy, step-by-step manner making it simple to follow.
Printer Repair and Maintenance Training Options
As with anything you want to learn, you have a choice as to how and where to study the subject. Most available printer repair training courses assume that you know and understand advanced concepts, such as “image formation” or “laser theory” before starting.
If you go to your local bookstore or search Amazon.com, you will find books that are hundreds of pages in length—sometimes 300 to 500 pages or more. Scary thought, isn’t it? The truth is that you do not need to know half of what these sources teach you about printer repair and maintenance to be successful.
In a matter of a few hours, we can show you how to work on nearly any laser printer. Bold statement? Let me back it up.
The Printer Coach Repair and Maintenance video training will show you step-by-step how to perform basic repair and maintenance on nine common types of HP, Lexmark, and Xerox office printers.
In this training we will teach you:
- How to quickly and easily isolate the cause, or source, of the problem.
- The mindset you need to troubleshoot any printer issue.
- How to effortlessly find the pertinent pages in the service manual that relates to the issue.
I just wanted to say that your DVD and Service Manuals were a great contribution to me. The DVD gave good insight on the common internal parts of a printer that need to be replaced and maintained and the Service Manuals showed me how to do it. I followed step by step on how to remove the assembly for the … printer and had no problems. We have been outsourcing form somebody to fix our printers and my work is hoping I can do it now instead.
J.C. – Louisiana
Most importantly, we show you how to understand and master the service manual. With this skill, you can troubleshoot and repair almost any type of printer.
- Have you ever bought a desk, bookcase, bicycle, or piece of furniture that required you to assemble it? The product comes with instructions so that you can assemble it, step-by-step. Did you need to know the composition of the material, the formula of the paint, or the “gauge” of the metal used to make the screws? Absolutely not! You simply assembled the product.
- If a single component, such as a transistor or resister failed on a circuit board, would you want to locate the exact component so that you could replace only that single failed component? Absolutely not! You would simply replace the circuit board.
Perform Like a Pro on Day 1
We take the same approach to basic laser printer repair and maintenance. The Printer Coach training videos show you nine common types of HP, Lexmark, and Xerox office printers, but these are only presented to help you build confidence in seeing the simplicity of our step-by-step approach.
Most of the printers shown in the video are older models. As a printer repair technician, most of what you will be working on are older model printers, as the new devices are maintained under warranty for one to three years. Additionally, even though the outside covers look different on new models, the underlying architecture of the printer is often a slight redesign of an earlier model.
For example, the video shows the HP LaserJet 4200 to 4350 series. The 4015 to 4515 series and up through the Pro series M606 are the same underlying design as the older 4200. The Lexmark T632 Series is similar to a number of fairly current Lexmark and Dell devices.
The age of a printer is not an issue to be concerned with, you need to be prepared to solve problems with any device that you are presented with.
If you know how to find the step-by-step instructions used to isolate the issue and solve the problem, could you complete a basic printer repair? Of course, it is just like assembling a bookcase or bicycle.
After our video training, you will know how and where to find step-by-step instructions to assist you in troubleshooting and solving a printer problem. This knowledge could be applied to repairing almost any laser printer whether you had a “how-to” video or not.
- Was it necessary to spend $400 on a course to learn “laser theory”? NO!
- Was it necessary to buy a 500-page book? NO!
- Was it necessary to read a 400-page service manual? NO!
We will help to empower you with the confidence necessary to tackle nearly any repair problem—from basic to advanced.
The most helpful piece of information on this video is the procedure for replacing simple parts. Rated 10 out of 10 for someone just beginning printer repair.
D.D. – New Jersey
Here’s what you will receive.
Basic Laser Printer Repair Training Video
- Includes nine common types of HP, Lexmark, and Xerox laser printers
- HP: LaserJet 4000/4050 (similar to the 4100), LaserJet 4200 (similar to the 4250 through 4350 series), Color LaserJet 4600 (similar to the 4610 and 4650), Color LaserJet 4700 (similar to the 4005), LaserJet 8100 (similar to the 5si, 8000, and 8150), LaserJet 9000 (similar to the 9040 and 9050)
- Lexmark: T632 (similar to most Optra S and Optra T series)
- Xerox: Xerox Phaser 5400 and Xerox Phaser 7700 (similar to 7750 and 7760)
- Reference Guide in printable PDF format.
- The service manuals for each of the nine printer types in PDF format.
- Bonus: Approximately 300 MB of additional printer service manuals
- Step-by-step instructions on how to use the service manuals so you can diagnose and repair nearly any printer problem.
- Key printer repair and maintenance troubleshooting tips
Order the “Instant Access” downloadable version now.
The video training is contained in 16 separate downloads due to the large size of video files. Please make sure that you have a broadband Internet connection before ordering. Your download links will be emailed to you within minutes after completing the payment.
$49.00 special discount price available for a limited time.
Join our customers. Get the basics and get productive!
Here are some of the hundreds of customers we’ve served:
McIlhenny Company (Tobasco)
U.S. Army USARAK G-3
U.S. DOL, OALJ
Georgia Dept. of Labor
DEQ State of Oregon
City of Peoria
Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis
New England Sports Network
University of Chicago
Illinois Valley Community College
Alaska Christian College
Kansas City Kansas Community College
Eastern Wyoming Community College
$49.00 special discount price available for a limited time.